FOREST BATHING (SHINRIN-YOKU)
What is Forest Bathing? (Translated from the Japanese word - Shinrin-yoku )
Forest bathing involves spending time in a forest, taking in the atmosphere through all your senses, meditating and becoming aware of your connection with nature and enjoying the mental and physical benefits that come from being in nature.
No two forest bathing experiences are the same and when you go into the forest you may receive the forest bath you need instead of the one you wanted.
The Benefits of Forest Bathing
There are many benefits to Forest bathing including:
1. Reduced blood pressure
2. Lower stress
3. Improve cardiovascular and metabolic health
4. Lower-blood sugar levels
5. Improve concentration and memory
6. Lift depression
7. Decreased risk of heart attack.
8. More energy and better sleep.
9. Mood-boosting effects.
10. Decreased inflammation.
11. Clearer, more comfortable skin.
12. Soothing relief for sore muscles.
13. Anti-inflammatory terpenes.
14. Improve pain thresholds
15. Improve energy
16. Boost the immune system with an increase in the count of the body’s natural killer (NK) cells
17. Increase anti-cancer protein production
18. Protection against obesity and diabetes.
19. Help you to lose weight
Nature will provide you with what you most need from it in ways very specific to you.
ZenGuiding offers a half-day and a Full-day Forest Bathing experience as well as a three-day Forest Bathing Ecotherapy Retreat.